Welcome to volume 1 of Things! Aka, things that I’ve encountered/experienced that I feel describe my current state of being. 🙂 Actually, this title brings up some interesting philosophical questions about who we actually are – am I just a union of my experiences and senses? That’s a subject for another day…
CURRENT OBSESSION: STEVEN UNIVERSE
- Favorite fusion: Sardonyx
- Favorite character: Pearl (Peridot is a close second!)
- Favorite episode: Mr. Greg (!!!!!!)
- Favorite songs: Full theme song, Peace and Love, It’s Over Isn’t it, Stronger Than You, Love Like You
- YouTube vids/trash memes
- You Repearlsted in the Wrong Neighborhood I would be lying if I said I didn’t listen to this on repeat for an hour
- 1 Minute of Peridot Laughs.
- Understanding Amethyst w/ Michaela Dietz! SliceofOtaku 1 Year Anniversary Special Event
- Shelby Rabara Q&A at Florida Supercon 2016 I looooooove Shelby Rabara. She is so precious.
- Deedee Magno Hall Q&A at Florida Supercon 2016 Deedee is so cute!! She fangirls over Steven Universe even though she’s part of the show! My heart.
- 2 Minutes of Weird Peridot Noises.
- Everyone finds out about Pearl’s secret rap career (feat. Deedee Magno Hall) I would also be lying if I said that I didn’t listen to L.A. by the Party on repeat as well.
- “The Movie In My Mind” Music Video – Eva Noblezada and Rachelle Ann Go dear God, how is Eva Noblezada’s vibrato real? she’s like two years older than me
- Estelle – American Boy (feat. Kanye West)
- Steven Universe, Vol. 1 (Original Soundtrack)
- Wearing scarves
- Mobility in my cervical & thoracic spine + scapulae – it feels loooovely and I recommend it.
- Drinking tea instead of coffee – what a difference. Tea feels so much gentler on my body.
- I am STUDYING what I LOVE and it feels SO fulfilling. #findyoself #followyodreams #butconsiderrealityaswell #whatdidieverseeinstem #itsachitariverareference but actually though if you’re stuck in a rut in terms of your major or career direction I think you should start with something you love or are passionate/excited about and study it broadly. Explore things related to it, look at what people are doing related to it, take classes related to it. And keep an open mind and pay attention to the things that make your heart go loopy and reflect on why they do. I will probably write more on this later…
THINGS TO WORK ON:
- Being okay with being seen
- Putting myself out there and being okay with being vulnerable and embarrassed
- Just talk to people…
- Allowing myself to do what makes me happy
- Taking care of myself (aka not running my body into the ground (aka actually going to sleep at a reasonable hour))
WHAT’S BOTHERING ME:
- Digestive issues. WTF, dairy?!?
- My own scrutiny of my own inauthenticity
- The fact that the approaching winter means I can no longer wear my Chacos
- Give and request more hugs from people. Human touch is lovely.
- Make EYE CONTACT and DON’T LOOK AWAY! Own that eye contact. Own your space.
- Actually talk to people and hang out and make friends.
- Go to sleep at a healthy time, and maybe eat breakfast in the morning.
- Expect dissonance, expect to be nervous, learn to work with it.
- Practice grand jetes with attitude back en tournant, and figure out how to not bruise my knee all the time.
- Make more art.
- Buy some winter shoes.